Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 31, 2016 at 1:17 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 10:10 PM, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>> By the discussions so far, I'm planning to have several replication
>> methods such as 'quorum', 'complex' in the feature, and the each
>> replication method specifies the syntax of s_s_names.
>> It means that s_s_names could have the number of sync standbys like
>> what current patch does.
>
> What if the application_name of a standby node has the format of an integer?

Even if the standby has an integer as application_name, we can set
s_s_names like '2,1,2,3'.
The leading '2' is always handled as the number of sync standbys when
s_r_method = 'priority'.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada