Re: Bug report: pgAdmin III quit when pressing F1 or selecting "Postgresql Help" menu item - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Gang Liang
Subject Re: Bug report: pgAdmin III quit when pressing F1 or selecting "Postgresql Help" menu item
Date
List pgadmin-support

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 3:00 AM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Gang Liang <randomizedthinking@gmail.com> wrote:
pgAdmin III
Version: 1.18.0 (NOT a development snapshot version)

Detail: when F1 key is pressed, or the menu item "Help -> Postgresql Help" is selected, or the toolbar icon "Display help on the sql commands" is clicked, the running pgAdmin will emit an error then quit.
Which error does it emit?

The error message is not informative. Just a msgbox saying whether to close the program or debug it.

I checked the other items in the help menu, such as "EnterpriseDB Help", "Slony Help", etc. They all seem fine. Only "Postgresql Help" will cause problem.

I searched the archive, and found the same error some 5 years back and was fixed by then. It might be a regression.

Thanks!

--
Gang Liang
Life is beautiful!