Re: PostGIS 2.1 removed from Debian Wheezy 7.6 Backports - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Dan Fowler
Subject Re: PostGIS 2.1 removed from Debian Wheezy 7.6 Backports
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Christoph,

Yes - it does persist.

root@qdb92-test:~# apt-get update
[...successful update run...]
root@qdb92-test:~# apt-get install postgresql-9.1-postgis-2.1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package postgresql-9.1-postgis-2.1
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'postgresql-9.1-postgis-2.1'

Is it possible that adding the apt.postgresql.org repo and key would fix the issue, or could that create dependency/version issues between my current deployments (PostgreSQL 9.1 with PostGIS 2.1.3)?

Dan

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de> wrote:
Re: Dan Fowler 2014-10-07 <CACg1cLTWVcg8cLy7+AEc1tN9FVPJfs=2r8auost0PKnMbop_9Q@mail.gmail.com>
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed this morning that the "postgresql-9.1-postgis-2.1" package
> previously available to my wheezy 7.6 backports images is no longer
> available.
>
> Could anyone confirm this and/or recommend a workaround other than
> compiling from source (this is not very workable in my current
> configuration management-based deployment setup)?

Hi,

does the problem persist after "apt-get update"?

There were some problems with the wheezy build (it depended on some
backport package which was unnecessary) so it was recompiled.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/

--