Re: PostGIS 2.1 removed from Debian Wheezy 7.6 Backports - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: PostGIS 2.1 removed from Debian Wheezy 7.6 Backports
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Dan Fowler 2014-10-07 <CACg1cLROECFTGk01gEP5sMK0NNHd0dCzb2AqNMyzFd3=utbe0A@mail.gmail.com>
> Christoph,
>
> Yes - it does persist.
>
> root@qdb92-test:~# apt-get update
> [...successful update run...]
> root@qdb92-test:~# apt-get install postgresql-9.1-postgis-2.1
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package postgresql-9.1-postgis-2.1
> E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'postgresql-9.1-postgis-2.1'
>
> Is it possible that adding the apt.postgresql.org repo and key would fix
> the issue, or could that create dependency/version issues between my
> current deployments (PostgreSQL 9.1 with PostGIS 2.1.3)?

Uh, what do you mean by "adding the apt.postgresql.org repo"? Where
else did you get the package from before?

We don't offer 2.1.3 anymore, the current version is now 2.1.4. (It
would be nice if our repo could also host older package versions, but
so far we don't have software for that.)

The current state of the package on wheezy/amd64 looks like this:

# apt-cache policy postgresql-9.1-postgis-2.1
postgresql-9.1-postgis-2.1:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.1.4+dfsg-1.pgdg70+3
  Version table: