Re: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Cristian Cruz
Subject Re: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4
Date
List pgsql-general

2013/4/20 Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>
On 04/20/2013 04:08 PM, Daniel Cristian Cruz wrote:
I think I didn't make it clear: the session memory usage is growing up
too fast, until all server memory got used and swap occurs.

Never saw something like that. The version is under a test enviroment
for a long time...

Thanks if someone could help me.

Before any one can help I would think more information is needed;

1) Is it on the same machine/OS as the old version?

Yes same machine, CentOS 5.5, just upgraded PostgreSQL only

2) What are the hardware specs for the machine?

CISCO Blade, 96GB RAM, 24 cores

3) Is it still in test mode or in production?

production.... sadly

4) You seem to imply that in test mode everything worked alright, is that the case?

Yes, got two servers, never got the same issue

5) In either case, test/production, what is being done in the session(s)?

Some complex queries. Some very complex queries...

6) Is there anything in the Postgres logs that might shed light?

Unfortunelly, not at all. Just the same of previous version, some (more) queries taking longer than 10 seconds.

Old config allowed to use 256MB on work_mem. I reduced to 24MB on new version, but it still grew up strongly and fast.

Not a clue on why this is happening.

--
Daniel Cristian Cruz
クルズ クリスチアン ダニエル