Re: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Memory usage after upgrade to 9.2.4
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/20/2013 04:30 PM, Daniel Cristian Cruz wrote:

> 2013/4/20 Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com
> <mailto:adrian.klaver@gmail.com>>
>
>     On 04/20/2013 04:08 PM, Daniel Cristian Cruz wrote:
>
>         I think I didn't make it clear: the session memory usage is
>         growing up
>         too fast, until all server memory got used and swap occurs.
>
>         Never saw something like that. The version is under a test
>         enviroment
>         for a long time...
>
>         Thanks if someone could help me.
>

>     Before any one can help I would think more information is needed;
>
>     1) Is it on the same machine/OS as the old version?
>

> Yes same machine, CentOS 5.5, just upgraded PostgreSQL only

How did you upgrade?
    pg_upgrade
    dump/restore

>     4) You seem to imply that in test mode everything worked alright, is
>     that the case?
>

> Yes, got two servers, never got the same issue

So what difference is there between the test and production servers?

>     5) In either case, test/production, what is being done in the
>     session(s)?
>

> Some complex queries. Some very complex queries...

Any chance to see an EXPLAIN ANALYZE for query on test machine vs
production?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com