Re: [NOVICE] Problems with ñ and tildes / CSV import problems in PostgreSQL 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Zach Seaman
Subject Re: [NOVICE] Problems with ñ and tildes / CSV import problems in PostgreSQL 9.1
Date
List pgsql-novice
I'm running PostgreSQL 9.1

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Zach Seaman <znseaman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm fairly new to PostgreSQL 9.1 but I need it, so here I am.
>
> This a similar question to this one, so I have encoded a database with
> LATIN-1 as suggested but can't copy a CSV file into a table within the
> database.

well, that mail is from 2005... what version of postgres are you running at?

> ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe17371

run:

SET client_encoding TO UTF8;

before running the copy command, or maybe set to LATIN1

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

--
Zach Seaman
GIS Expert, IRRI-México

Master of Regional & Community Planning