Re: Re: [NOVICE] Problems with ñ and tildes / CSV import problems in PostgreSQL 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ken Benson
Subject Re: Re: [NOVICE] Problems with ñ and tildes / CSV import problems in PostgreSQL 9.1
Date
List pgsql-novice
I think the problem may be that specific character translation.

The chart I typically use is here: http://www.utf8-chartable.de/unicode-utf8-table.pl

The 'valid' UTF-8 codes jump from
0x e0 bf bf (at the bottom of this page: http://www.utf8-chartable.de/unicode-utf8-table.pl?start=3840 )
To: 0x e1 80 80 (at the top of this page: http://www.utf8-chartable.de/unicode-utf8-table.pl?start=4096

So - the problem may be that truly 0x e1 73 71 is not a valid UTF-8 character in the current iteration of PostgreSQL - or at all.

Jut my thoughts.

Ken