Re: Getting PSQL in Windows to support TAB/Autocomplete via modified readline... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kirk Wolak
Subject Re: Getting PSQL in Windows to support TAB/Autocomplete via modified readline...
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 10:58 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
It'd certainly be nice if we could use Readline on Windows.  I do not
think we want to buy into maintaining our own fork of Readline, if that's
what you're trying to suggest.  If it "just works" now, that'd be great.

Okay, we should know shortly if it works and to what extent.  We will
take the approach that if we don't need to maintain a fork we are fine.
[The latter could make it work only for English, not sure]

FYI,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2022 at 11:01 AM Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
> FWIW, I've been using https://github.com/arangodb/linenoise-ng for Linux and Windows,

I've look at linenoise and without tab/autocomplete it's not worth the effort, IMO.
But I appreciate the pointer...

regards