Re: RM4292 - Dark mode support for Windows/macOS - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Neel Patel
Subject Re: RM4292 - Dark mode support for Windows/macOS
Date
Re: RM4292 - Dark mode support for Windows/macOS  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 10:19 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 2:28 PM Neel Patel <neel.patel@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

I reviewed and tested the code on Windows and fixed below issues. Except below, it looks good to me.
  • Compilation error on windows
Oops, thanks.
  • In configuration window, "maximumSize" of the control is provided along with "minimumSize" so it prevents control from expanding when the user resizes the window. Removed maxSize and set as default.
OK.

A Couple of points for discussion.
  • AFAIK - Users need to manually set the "AppsUseLightTheme" value in the registry, right ? Do we need to document that somewhere ?
No, it's an option if you go to personalise your desktop:

OK

Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 17.45.02.png

  • As we have introduced 2 new "dark.qss" & "light.qss" files, so during packaging we need to make sure that it should reside along with "pgAdmin4" application binary otherwise those css will not be applied at runtime. right ?
Hmm, that's a good point. I'll look at that.
  • Checkbox is not visible in Configure window UI as per below screenshot. Are you able to see on Mac ? If no, I can take a look at it.
Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 5.05.25 PM.png

No, that works on Mac. If you can look at it that would be great (are the SVGs from the patch in your filesystem?):

Yes, all SVGs from the patch are there. I will take a look.

Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 17.47.39.png
Thanks!

Attached is the updated patch.

Thanks,