up and running: can connect with clients now (squirrel sql) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Jim McNamara
Subject up and running: can connect with clients now (squirrel sql)
Date
List pgsql-novice
hi group-

thx. to those who posted with suggestions and/or thought about helping.

I am using squirrel sql for postgres now which I really like. It turns out that I found that instead of pgadmin III.

I did many things wrong. I didn't initdb. I didn't put my database in a directory owned by postgres. I also didn't start the server process as postgres user.

Finally to get squirrel to recognize my tables I had to use a schema.

I started referring to my db book instead of just reading on the internet.
A new book is  a top priority.

thx. again,
jim