Re: up and running: can connect with clients now (squirrel sql) - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: up and running: can connect with clients now (squirrel sql)
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 18/06/16 13:46, Jim McNamara wrote:
> hi group-
>
> thx. to those who posted with suggestions and/or thought about helping.
>
> I am using squirrel sql for postgres now which I really like. It turns
> out that I found that instead of pgadmin III.
>
> I did many things wrong. I didn't initdb. I didn't put my database in
> a directory owned by postgres. I also didn't start the server process
> as postgres user.
>
> Finally to get squirrel to recognize my tables I had to use a schema.
>
> I started referring to my db book instead of just reading on the internet.
> A new book is  a top priority.
>
> thx. again,
> jim

I would strongly suggest that you take a look at what psql can offer.

I prefer to use psql & a text editor for SQL files - rather than a GUI
like pgadmin, as that combination is far powerful & easier to use.

Cheers,
Gavin