Re: 9.5 repo question - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From John Scalia
Subject Re: 9.5 repo question
Date
List pgsql-admin
Umm... new problem. I first installed both postgresql95-libs-9.5.0-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64.rpm and the libs-2PGDG rpm. I then tried installing postgresql-9.5.0-1PGDG.rhel.x86_64.rpm, but yum complains that libs-1PGDG is not installed. I ran "yum list postgresql95-libs" and, sure enough, it is reporting that only libs-2PGDG.rhel is installed for the postgresql95-libs.x86_64 package. I've tried getting around the problem by --skip-broken, but that didn't work either, nor did the other yum suggestion to use -Va --nofiles --nodigest. I also tried to reinstall libs-1PGDG, but that fails as well.

Any suggestions as to how to get everything installed?

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 11:38 AM, John Scalia <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com> wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2016, at 9:02 AM, John Scalia <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So, then don't bother with the rc1 rpms?  Oh, and I can't use yum here to download due to configuration issues, although I do use it for the actual install.

rc1 RPMs are release candidate 1.  9.5.0 is the release, so that’s what you want going forward.