Re: current thinking on Amazon EC2? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Christensen
Subject Re: current thinking on Amazon EC2?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 11:16 AM, Ben Chobot <bench@silentmedia.com> wrote:
> On Mar 19, 2012, at 10:59 AM, Welty, Richard wrote:
>
> i just finished this thread from May of last year, and am wondering if this
> still represents consensus thinking about postgresql deployments in the EC2
> cloud:
>
> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/amazon-ec2-td4368036.html
>

> Yes, I believe that still sums up the situation pretty well.

I've been running my site on RackSpace CloudServers (similar to EC2)
and have been getting pretty good performance, though I don't have
huge amounts of database load.

One advantage, though, is RackSpace allows for hybrid solutions so I
could potentially lease a dedicated server and continue to host my web
frontend servers on the cloud.