CFLAGS and configure options - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Martín Marqués
Subject CFLAGS and configure options
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi all,

I've just joined this list and wanted to salute you all, and just say
that I've been from now and then working on RH systems for many years
(IIRC, since Red Hat Linux 5.0 in the late nineties), I have built
rpms in the past but just for internal use.

So, now I'm building some PostgreSQL rpms and was going through the
different parameters (and checking on what options they set to
configure), and I see that --debug is only used when beta is 1.

I'd actually expect --debug and --cassert to be separated with 2
distinct rpm parameters, some thing like:

* debug 1 to get only --debug
* beta 1 to get --debug and --cassert

Is there a reason why rpms are not built with --debug as a default
configure option?

Cheers,

--
Martín Marqués http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/