Re: Spam on the wiki - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Spam on the wiki
Date
List pgsql-www

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 4:18 PM, Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com.br> wrote:
On 17-12-2015 12:13, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Yeah. I have no idea how mediawiki actually works with those things, but
> I'm not sure what else we can do. It's been suggested to have a
> cooling-off period for new accounts, but how long should that be... I
> guess we could have a 2-4 week cooling off period and then some way to
> bypass it by contacting someone manually, but who's going to deal with
> those approvals?

Why don't we create a group of known community members? This group can
edit without restriction but new accounts will be moderated.

Yeah, that might be the reasonable thing to do. We can probably cover 90+% of all edits by such a solution. But somebody still has to clean up the crap in the moderation queue.