Re: New archives for testing - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: New archives for testing
Date
List pgsql-www
On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Another minor gripe about the new archives: compare
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2013-01/msg00218.php
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/17517.1357496283@sss.pgh.pa.us
>
> Although we're not exactly big on pretty pictures on these lists,
> I think it's a usability disimprovement that the new archive fails
> to include the image in-line.

Depends on the image, I think. For this specific image, I agree it is.
But if the image is larger (which is not unusual for example for
screenshots) it breaks the layout pretty badly.

We could inline all images, with that risk. Or maybe we could actually
parse the image to figure out it's size, and show it only when it's
smaller than a certain size. That might be a useful compromise...

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/