Re: Moderation - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Moderation
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 9:45 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> * Adrian Klaver (adrian.klaver@aklaver.com) wrote:
> > >
> > >Those are just wrappers that we build that depend on regular packages
> > >but add a bit of configuration and such, but nothing that is likely to
> > >be interesting to this.  pgbouncer isn't required, certainly PG is but
> > >it could be 11, 12, or probably others.  We use exim for most of our
> > >email and we have a wrapper package to make exim wait for PG to start up
> > >since our exim config queries the PG database for things (the actual
> > >exim config is backed up but isn't part of the package since it's
> > >different on our pglister system from other ones).
> > >
> > >As much as I'd like this to all be automated and easy to deploy, it
> > >isn't today.  One thing that might help is that the processes which need
> > >to be started are:
> > >
> > >/lib/systemd/system/pglister_bounceprocessor.service
> > >/lib/systemd/system/pglister_cleanup.service
> > >/lib/systemd/system/pglister_eximcleaner.service
> > >/lib/systemd/system/pglister_mailprocessor.service
> > >/lib/systemd/system/pglister_mailsender.service
> > >/lib/systemd/system/pglister_moderationprocessor.service
> >
> > Interesting, but I still don't see where these packages/code/etc can be
> > found?
>
> They're not somewhere public today and I don't know if that's likely to
> change anytime soon.

The systemd service files are. They're in the suspiciously named
"systemd" directory in the repo...

But yes, a general list of requirements is definitely missing, along
with proper detailed instructions.  I definitely recall a mythical
"someone" offering to do a test install and actually write that all
up, btu I can't remember who it was and clearly that project was never
finished :/

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/