Re: Moderation - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Moderation
Date
List pgsql-www
Greetings,

* Adrian Klaver (adrian.klaver@aklaver.com) wrote:
> On 8/16/21 12:50 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> >* Adrian Klaver (adrian.klaver@aklaver.com) wrote:

> >>So trying to do what is asked in this message:
> >>
> >>https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20210813183537.GZ17906%40tamriel.snowman.net
> >>
> >>is not possible?
> >
> >Erm, no, of course it's possible, just like it's possible to install PG
> >without using apt-get.  Further, the packages you're asking about aren't
> >actually packages that include the software, as I said before, they're
> >just wrappers, so they wouldn't actually help you when it comes to
> >installing the actual software anyway.
>
> So pginfra is not needed for this, it is just the setup code to build the
> infrastructure that runs on the live server.
>
> Basically you need the programs named in the pginfra-* packages(pgbouncer
> optional), posted earlier, installed on your machine and then the pglister
> code dropped into say a virtenv.

Yeah, and then you need to configure your MTA to run the inject.py as I
mentioned in the prior email (or just run it by hand for testing) after
you're got the django environment set up and such.  Then just have to
start up the various daemons that are mentioned above, either through
systemd or just by hand, to see them running.

Yes, there's probably more than just these items, but I don't know
offhand what else is needed.  What would be great is for someone to take
these steps and then see what else needs to be done and to document all
of it.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment