Re: pgsql: Add putenv support for msvcrt from Visual Studio 2013 - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pgsql: Add putenv support for msvcrt from Visual Studio 2013
Date
List pgsql-committers

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 9:56 PM, Christian Ullrich <chris@chrullrich.net> wrote:
* Magnus Hagander wrote:

Add putenv support for msvcrt from Visual Studio 2013

This was missed when VS 2013 support was added.

Michael Paquier

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/9f633b404cb3be6139f8dfdea00538489ffef9ab

Just noticed something. This DLL detection by name has never worked in debug builds where the DLL names end in "d". Is that important?

That's an interesting point.  I guess our release builds are never with debugging info - but could it make the buildfarm "wrong"?

Fixing it should probably be as easy as trying each dll with the specified name and also with a "d" as a suffix?