Re: BUG #8659: Broken dependencies on RHEL6 for 9.2.6 RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: BUG #8659: Broken dependencies on RHEL6 for 9.2.6 RPMs
Date
Re: BUG #8659: Broken dependencies on RHEL6 for 9.2.6 RPMs  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 12:26 AM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:

> On 12/5/2013 12:30 PM, Jeff Frost wrote:
>
>> I just tested it on a freshly installed CentOS 6.4 host and it worked
>> fine.
>> Is it possible that your openssl is installed from some other repository
>> than RHN?
>>

> I tested much the same, with a not-quite-fresh c6.4 host that had been yum
> updated shortly /before/ CentOS 6.5 was released, I yum installed
> postgresql92-{contrib,server,devel} without a hitch.   I'm wondering if
> this is a RHEL specific issue somehow ?

I can confirm that this breaks on a freshly installed RHEL 6.4, from iso,
without doing any updates at all from the repositories before trying. This
machine does not currently have any subscription at all, so it's the fresh
RHEL 6.4, and postgres does not install.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/