Re: PSA: Systemd will kill PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: PSA: Systemd will kill PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
href="mailto:magnus@hagander.net">magnus@hagander.net</a>>writes:<br /> > > On Aug 16, 2016 4:43 PM, "Tom
Lane"<<a href="mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us">tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us</a>> wrote:<br /> > >> Rather, the problem
ariseswhen J. Ordinary User does<br /> > >> nohup postmaster &<br /> > >> and then logs out.<br
/>><br /> > > I think this is a partially different issue though. They already broke the<br /> > > nohup
approachearlier with a different change, didn't they?<br /> ><br /> > Dunno, it was still working the last time I
usedFedora for anything much.<br /> > Admittedly, that was about three years ago.  But the issue would still<br />
>arise if you prefer "pg_ctl start".<br /> ><p dir="ltr">There are two independent changes AFAIK. One is that
whenevera user that logged in interactively logs out all their processes are killed, regardless of nohup. The other one
isthe one about shared memory mentioned here. They will both independently kill postgres sessions launched manually. Or
withpg_ctl. <p dir="ltr">Both are fairly recent changes, certainly less than three years. <p dir="ltr">/Magnus