Re: New gTLDs available / how to protect the PostgreSQL brand - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: New gTLDs available / how to protect the PostgreSQL brand
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 9:52 AM, damien clochard <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:

>> postgresql.academy
>> postgresql.training
>> postgresql.support
>> postgresql.solutions
>> postgresql.company
>>
>> All these domains are now redirected to postgresql.org. DALIBO will
>> never use them to promote its own activities. We are willing to transfer
>> these domains ASAP to a community-driven non-profit legal entity who
>> would have a mission of protecting the strategic PostgreSQL gTLDs
>> against cyber-squatting and other bad behaviors. This entity could be
>> SPI, PostgreSQL Europe or PGCAC (if it's still alive)
>
> PGCAC is very much still alive, and is the entity that holds the
> trademarks and domains for postgresql.org.

Hi Dave,

I was not aware of that and I think it's good news ! Thanks for your
efforts and to all the people involved in PGCAC. However I'm confused
because the whois request on the .org domain does not mention the
association at all.

http://www.whois.com/whois/postgresql.org

Yes, that needs to be fixed. Christopher Browne, the listed owner of the domain, is the treasurer of the PGCAC.

Am I missing something ?

Meanwhile is it possible to have some more information about the PGCAC
association ? Who's involved in it ? How people can help ? etc. Maybe a
page on the PostgreSQL wiki ?

They have a website at http://www.postgres.ca/

--
 Magnus Hagander