Re: contrib/sslinfo cleanup and OpenSSL errorhandling - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: contrib/sslinfo cleanup and OpenSSL errorhandling
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 10:22 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > On 3 Nov 2020, at 10:05, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>
> > Applied, with the small adjustment of the comma in the docs.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > I wonder if we should perhaps backpatch 0002? The changes to sslinfo
> > that were ported go all the way back to 9.6, so it should be a safe
> > one I think?
>
> It should be safe given that the code has been in production for a long time.
> That being said, sslinfo doesn't have tests (yet) and probably isn't used that
> much; perhaps it's best to let this mature in HEAD for a few buildfarm cycles
> first?

Yeah, that's a good point. I didn't realize we had no tests for that
one, so then it's a bit less safe in that regard. I agree with leaving
it for at least one complete buildfarm run before backporting
anything.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/