Re: postgr.es/p/githash to redirect to git.postgresql.org? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: postgr.es/p/githash to redirect to git.postgresql.org?
Date
List pgsql-www

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 4:45 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2020-Sep-11, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've faced a couple of time the need to shorten the URL to a PostgreSQL commit.
>
> What are you thinking about the bellow redirection?
>
>   https://postgr.es/p/$githash
>   Location: https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=$githash

We already have
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/$githash
which is 20 chars longer than your proposal, but already much shorter
than the original.

I'm not -1'ing your proposal, but I at least find that one good enough.

FWIW it's bd easy enough to add such a forwarder if we want to. But it seems the enthusiasm for doing it is not great? :) Does anybody else have any opinions on it?