Re: pgsql: Doc: fill in "major enhancements" list in v13 release notes. - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Doc: fill in "major enhancements" list in v13 release notes.
Date
List pgsql-www
[ redirecting to -www ]

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 3:28 PM Andrew Dunstan <
> andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> How is it that this commit still hasn't showed up on the web site, 4
>> days later? <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/release-13.html> still
>> shows "TBD"

> The  "13" docs are only loaded along with releases, we don't load snapshot
> versions into the docs other than the "devel" ones. That is, from a loading
> perspective, 13 is treated the same as 12 or 11.

Yeah, this is a downside of our decision to maintain release notes
per-branch.  It used to be you could count on draft release notes to
show up in the website's devel docs fairly quickly; but now they
never appear there at all.

I've wondered if we could improve that.  I agree with the policy that
the official docs copy should match the last official release ... but
maybe we could show unreleased release notes somewhere else, such as
under https://www.postgresql.org/docs/release/ ?

            regards, tom lane