Re: Why did I fail to get a review posted through the commitfest appvia e-mail? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Why did I fail to get a review posted through the commitfest appvia e-mail?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 3:24 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
I posted a fix for a bug, discussed in this thread:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/151608914608.25640.2144132915573008595.pgcf%40coridan.postgresql.org#151608914608.25640.2144132915573008595.pgcf@coridan.postgresql.org

Aleksandr Parfenov posted a review via the commitfest app
(151608914608.25640.2144132915573008595.pgcf@coridan.postgresql.org).
I never got an e-mail with his review (I only received the general
notification e-mail concerning the patch being marked "ready for
committer").

This smells like a bug to me, because I can find other such reviews
for other patches. If I had to guess, I'd say that this has something
to do with cross posting between pgsql-hackers and pgsql-bugs. Does
any better informed person have a view on this?

I think you are right. I think for other systems we actively deliver directly to the CC, but it looks like we are not explicitly doing that in the pgcf app.

So it looks like the message was delivered to -hackers only. It should've been delivered to you through hackers. However -- do you by any chance have the "Don't receive an extra copy of mails when listed in To or CC fields" checkbox set in your subscription? That would confirm this pattern (it being a bug in the cf app in the end, but I wanted to confirm that before digging into the code to figure out whats actually wrong).