Re: Website mailing list search enhancement idea - one result per thread - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Website mailing list search enhancement idea - one result per thread
Date
List pgsql-www
On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 2:17 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> When searching the mailing lists in advanced search mode we have list
> filtering, timeframe filtering (pretty coarse though) and then sorting
> mode.  For moderately long running threads a search term is going to return
> many messages from the same thread.  It would desirable to ask that only
> threads be shown and maybe how many individual messages in that thread
> matched.

+1, an option to do that would be handy.  No idea how hard it is ...

Not having actually looked at it, probably not too hard. The hardest part might be bikeshedding about the color (aka user interface).

Should this replace the current interface, or do we want to make something like this a choice?

//Magnus