Re: almost hidden placement of release support policy - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: almost hidden placement of release support policy
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> Web Team,
>
> I just went looking for the release maintenance policy on the web site. I
> eventually found it by a very circuitous route, but really this needs to be
> much more prominent. I'd suggest it needs its own page rather than being on
> the end of the Versioning Policy page. At the very least the Page should be
> renamed to reflect that it also covers release maintenance, and the submenu
> on the support page needs to reflect that. Frankly, though, I think it
> should be its own page and probably have a front page shortcut as well.

I agree it's pretty well hidden and could be done bette.r

I'm not sure "release maintenance policy" is all that much better a
name than "Versioning policy" :)

But, assuming we keep the current page as versioning policy, and add a
separate page that just has the EOL dates on it (I assume that's what
you're asking for, right?), what should we call that? I don't like
"release maintenance policy" since that part really isn't a policy,
but right now I'm drawing a blank for good names for such a page...