Re: Schedule for migration to pglister - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Schedule for migration to pglister
Date
Re: Schedule for migration to pglister  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 5:05 PM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 09:18:31AM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Noah Misch (noah@leadboat.com) wrote:
> > When each list migrated, its mbox archives stopped receiving new messages:
>
> This was actually anticipated, though we had been thinking that the
> migration would be faster and so it wouldn't end up being such a long
> time that the mbox's wouldn't get updated.
>
> The plan is to replace those mbox's (which are created by mj2 and then
> rsync'd over currently) with ones generated from the archives database,
> but that's something which will basically happen to the entire site and
> all the lists at once.

> I'm chatting w/ Magnus about this now and I'm not sure exactly when
> we'll end up making the change, but my feeling is that we should either
> do it now, or on Monday when we migrate the 'user' lists.  Doesn't seem
> to me like we should delay it any longer than that.

Gotcha.  I, for one, can wait awhile.

mbox access should now be restored, and as Stephen says, now handled by the Date in the message. Let me know if there are any issues with the new ones. (They're now generated by the same code as the per-thread ones).