Re: sudo inconsistencies in download pages - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: sudo inconsistencies in download pages
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 3:19 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> > For the "most likely to work following a standard OS install" option, I
> > think we probably should add sudo for CentOS/RHEL 7+, and remove if from
> > the Debian 9/10 instructions.
>
> My vote is to include sudo as a reminder that "this step needs root
> privilege".  If you don't have sudo, you have to implement that some
> other way, but you still need to do something.

I've done this.

The biggest downside is you can't copy/paste it into a system without
sudo. I guess a more advanced version could have a checkbox to turn
on/off the sudo part, but I doubt it's worth going *that* far.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/