Re: sudo inconsistencies in download pages - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: sudo inconsistencies in download pages
Date
List pgsql-www
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> For the "most likely to work following a standard OS install" option, I
> think we probably should add sudo for CentOS/RHEL 7+, and remove if from
> the Debian 9/10 instructions.

My vote is to include sudo as a reminder that "this step needs root
privilege".  If you don't have sudo, you have to implement that some
other way, but you still need to do something.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure sudo has been in minimal Red Hat installs for quite
a long time.

            regards, tom lane