Re: Adding PgLife link - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Adding PgLife link
Date
List pgsql-www
On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 9:00 PM, Jonathan S. Katz
<jonathan.katz@excoventures.com> wrote:
> On Jun 21, 2013, at 1:40 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>

>>> Agreed, and I don't think PgLife can be efficiently managed.  PgLife
>>> uses Perl, CPAN modules, Javascript, Procmail, and cron jobs, and these
>>> would need to be maintained by the sysadmin team.  Frankly, there
>>> doesn't seem to be enough interest in even linking to PgLife, so I don't
>>> see how having the sysadmin team maintain it makes any sense.
>>
>> Well, I think we should link to it.
>
> I think if it is something that can help show more visibility into how the community works and thus by extension help
growit, we should profile it somewhere on the site.

> An alternative option to linking or hosting is to create a page on .org that keeps PgLife in an iframe.  That way we
canhave the PgLife content on .org but do not need to fully maintain it.  We would probably need to write some code on
the.org frontend to ensure PgLife is up before loading it, but that maintenance should be minimal.

Ugh. That sounds like a really bad idea IMO. Iframes suck both to set
up and to use :) If we want to do that, we should just link to it and
be done.

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/