Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 8:27 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 1:58 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > * Enable pg_dump ACL support
>
> I'm not entirely sure anyone will know what this is or why they should
> care.  It might be worth mentioning if we can clarify that.

Err, worse, that particular comment is just wrong- pg_dump has supported
dumping ACLs for a very long time, we're just now supporting dumping
ACLs for objects in pg_catalog (and objects which are members of
extensions) which are changed from their default.

> Also note we now have:

Note sure why it isn't working at the moment (at least for me), but when
it does, you could also check out:

http://www.hagander.net/talks/

And look at Magnus' "A Look Inside the Elephant's Trunk - 9.6" talk.

Ugh that was indeed broken. Thanks for pointing it out - fixed now, and the slides are there.