Re: Website "Up" link - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Website "Up" link
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 9:35 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 9/8/20 3:10 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Wed, Jan  2, 2019 at 09:45:52AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> That section of the documentation is loaded in from the source SGML/XML
>>> files - it would have to be added in there.
>>>
>>> If I were to take a guess as to why it is that way, it is because that
>>> "Up" from that section is in actuality the same thing as home "Home."
>>> That said, perhaps the better UX is to keep it consistent, and have "Up"
>>> available as long as you can navigate up the doc tree.
>>
>> Yes, that was my conclusion as well.  We had this issue with the old
>> style sheets too, and I think it was fixed.
>
> FYI, Peter Eisentraut has fixed this.

Excellent. So that will become available on the pgweb side for supported
releases the next time the docs are loaded, which will be at the next
scheduled update in November.

AFAICT it's only been fixed in the master branch, so unless you're looking at the devel docs you'll be waiting a year longer. And if you're looking at the devel docs, it should already be visible.