Re: sort order of messages - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: sort order of messages
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Either that, or add an easier way to jump to the end.  Right now you
>>> have to scroll down to the bottom of the first page and then select the
>>> right link to click on (which takes careful aim).  I had been planning
>>> to gripe about that myself.
>
>> So are you suggesting a link to "first" and "last" on the page
>> http://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/2013-01/ (for example),
>> as well as the date links? So we'd have First | Prev | Next | Last,
>> for example?
>
> Well, First/Last would be nice, but if you just add them at the bottom
> of the page they will not help all that much --- it's the scroll-down
> requirement that I'm mainly whining about.  Could we have at least a
> subset of these at the top of the page?

Sure, that shouldn't be too hard. We could repeate the
First|Prev|Next|last, or we could repeat the whole thing including the
month links easy enough.

Perhaps best to do both? They don't take up all that much vertical
space, though of course you'd pay the price of two or three fewer
emails visible "abov the fold"

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/