Re: Out-of-policy Planet post? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Out-of-policy Planet post?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct  8, 2012 at 08:57:02PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> > Yes, I assumed someone had already done that, so I didn't say anything,
>> > but I agree.
>>
>> Does it actually violate the policy though? It's pretty darn vague...
>> I agree it's very much a borderline so somebody should probably send
>> him a warning about it, but I'm not sure it's actually a strict
>> violation?
>
> Would the post be interesting to anyone not using the EDB commercial
> product?  I didn't think it would be.

Well, the policy says "All blogs should be about PostgreSQL or closely
related technologies.". Which it kind of is, no? And it's not
advertising, I think.

Though I guess it might qualify as an ad, yes.

I've hidden the post for now. Can someone write up a nice explanation
to the author on why?