Re: Patch to allow users to kill their own queries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Patch to allow users to kill their own queries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 14:42, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 01/03/2012 12:59 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>
>> Noah Misch<noah@leadboat.com>  writes:
>>

>>> Regarding the other message, avoid composing a translated message from
>>> independently-translated parts.
>>>

>> Yes.  I haven't looked at the patch, but I wonder whether it wouldn't be
>> better to dodge both of these problems by having the subroutine return a
>> success/failure result code, so that the actual ereport can be done at
>> an outer level where the full message (and hint) can be written
>> directly.
>>

> Between your and Noah's comments I understand the issue and likely direction
> to sort this out now.  Bounced forward to the next CommitFest and back on my
> plate again.  Guess I'll be learning new and exciting things about
> translation this week.

I should say that I have more or less finished this one off, since I
figured you were working on more important things. Just a final round
of cleanup and commit left, really, so you can take it off your plate
again if you want to :-)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/