Re: Git host for postgresql related projects - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Git host for postgresql related projects
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 9:10 PM, Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
<francisco@npgsql.org> wrote:

> Hi all!
>

> I was thinking about moving Npgsql from cvs to another SCM. Possibly git.
>
> I'd like to know if there is any postgresql project host which supports git
> which you could recommend.
>
> I know there is git.postgresql.org and github.
>
> From the new repository page of git.postgresql.org it says: "[...] If you
> want to to use git, while also getting some of the features that are on
> pgfoundry, we strongly advise you to look at github. [...]"
>
> It would be better for me, then, to use github? As this clearly is my case.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

I would suggest going with github. They provide you with a bunch of
services like a wiki and an issue tracker that you will not get from
git.postgesql.org. They also provide you with the "social coding"
stuff or whatever they call it (their forking/pull request/whatnot
stuff) if you like it - but you can also just use it as a pure git
repo if you prefer.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/