Re: Fwd: Successful post to pgsql-hackers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Fwd: Successful post to pgsql-hackers
Date
Re: Fwd: Successful post to pgsql-hackers  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 5:01 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Magnus Hagander escribió:
>> On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 3:25 AM, Alvaro Herrera
>> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>> > I changed the defaults for new subscribers, and also the flags values
>> > for all existing subscribers, note.
>>
>> For *all* existing subscribers, or those that had not changed their
>> defaults? And did you change just those flags, or for all flags?
>
> For all existing subscribers, I changed the ackpost (to off), ackreject
> (to on), ackstall (to on) flags.  Other flags were untouched.  There's
> no way to distinguish "unchanged" from "set to the same as the default"
> in mj2, I'm afraid.

Yeah, it seems you at least broke some cronjobs that relied on the old
default...

That said, I think that was pretty darn unfriendly to those who
potentially changed their own configuration. E.g. all those who
potentially set their ackpost to on intentionally years ago, have now
lost that one... But it's clearly too late to do anything about that
one now.