Re: Better name for PQsslAttributes() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Better name for PQsslAttributes()
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 10:38 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
On 11/06/2015 11:31 PM, Lars Kanis wrote:
As a co-maintainer of the PostgreSQL adapter for Ruby, I would like to
bridge the new SSL related functions to Ruby methods. However I wonder
whether PQsslAttributes() is the best name for the function. Based on
this name, I would expect to get key+value pairs instead of only the
keys. IMHO PQsslAttributeNames() would express better, what the function
does.

Hmm, I think you're right.

The question is, do we want to still change it? It's a new function in 9.5, and we're just about to enter beta, so I guess we could, although there might already be applications out there using it. If we do want to rename it, now is the last chance to do it.

Thoughts? I'm leaning towards changing it now.

Uh, just to be clear, we been in beta for a month now, beta1 was released Oct 8.  We are not just about to enter it...