Re: Weird mangling of a commit log entry in gitweb summary - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Weird mangling of a commit log entry in gitweb summary
Date
List pgsql-www
On Sun, Jul 17, 2022 at 1:26 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> My recent commit 5e692dcacabd5dbc8ccfb9e37a2d26a574b6dea6
> looks like this in "git log":
>
> commit 5e692dcacabd5dbc8ccfb9e37a2d26a574b6dea6
> Author: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Date:   Sat Jul 16 12:26:19 2022 -0400
>
>     Remove postmaster.c's reset_shared() wrapper function.
>
> In gitweb, it shows that way too if you drill down to the
> individual commit, but in the summary
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=summary
>
> it looks like
>
> 6 hours ago     Tom Lane        Remove postc's reset_shared() wrapper function.         commit | commitdiff | tree
>
> What's up with that?

I have no idea why but it's clearly getting confused by the single
quote. But it doesn't appear to do that in other places where there's
a single quote in there. I see nothing strange with the commit message
itself, and the cgit view of it shows nothing strange either...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/