Re: Help with 9.5 feature wiki page - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Help with 9.5 feature wiki page
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

On May 21, 2015 7:46 AM, "Stefan Kaltenbrunner" <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:

> On 05/21/2015 04:52 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> > On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 7:36 AM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> >> So if anyone's up for helping out, please follow the link above and go edit.
> >
> > Due to some MediaWiki weirdness, I cannot login to edit it. I can do
> > so on other pages, but, for whatever reason, not on this particular
> > page. I see a 403 forbidden error upon attempting to do so. I can
> > successfully login on other pages using my community account, but then
> > when I navigate back to this page MediaWiki is convinced that I am not
> > logged in.
> >
> > I have experienced weirdness like this with MediaWiki before, and
> > reported it to www-*.
>

> yeah this is partly a known issue - certain pages on the wiki (like thos
> one that has a ' in the url which urlencoding) wont allow you to log in.
> It is new however that you can't login elsewhere and simply navigate to
> the affected page - I just tested this and it works fine that way for
> me, are you really sure this does not work?

Fwiw, I believe the pages that mostly experience this problem are the ones that have a single quote in the page title (in this case, "what's"). That confuses the hell out of mediawiki. It might be a good idea to try to avoid such page titles of possible (and no, I don't think there is a way to make it forbidden..)

/Magnus