Re: Order of views in stats docs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Order of views in stats docs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 11/6/14 6:16 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Another thought I had in that case is maybe we need to break out the
>> pg_stat_activity and pg_stat_replication views into their own table.
>> They are really the only two views that are different in a lot of
>> ways. Maybe call the splits "session statistics views" and "object
>> statistics views", instead of just "standard statistics views"? The
>> difference being that they show snapshots of *right now*, whereas all
>> the other views show accumulated statistics over time.
>
> Yeah, splitting this up a bit would help, too.

Here's an initial run of this. It still feels wrong that we have the
dynamic views under "the statistics collector". Perhaps longterm we
should look at actually splitting them out to a completely different
sect1?

I only fixed the obvious parts in this - the split out, and the moving
of pg_stat_database_conflicts. But it's a first step at least.

Objections?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/