Re: commit message - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: commit message
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 6:04 PM Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I pushed the patch "pgsql: Prevent archive recovery from scanning
> non-existent WAL files.", I received the following email and mistakenly
> clicked the link for the cancel. So no message for that commit was not sent
> to pgsql-committers. Could you revive the commit message?
> Sorry for my mistake...

Hi!

Once you've clicked the cancel message it is, unfortunately, lost forever.

> BTW, this is the first time when I received the following email when I pushed
> the commit. So something changed in pgsql-committers ML recently?

If the address you are using for your commits is not subscribed to the
list, it will at regular intervals "expire", and a moderator must add
it back to the whitelist. I think it's once per year. This happened,
perthe logs, almost exactly 3 hours before you made the commit...

The long term fix for this is to allow you to subscribe more than one
address to the list, and then set one of them to not receive email.
The second part exists, but not the allowance to subscribe more than
one address, but we do have that on the TODO.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/