Re: Fwd: Proposed Chinese Translation of Community Code of Conduct - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Fwd: Proposed Chinese Translation of Community Code of Conduct
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 12:18 PM Peter J. Holzer <hjp-pgsql@hjp.at> wrote:

> On 2021-05-21 12:35:49 -0500, Ron wrote:
> > I see the attachments in your first email.
>
> Fascinating. I don't in the normal view but do see them in the MIME
> structure:
>
>   I     1 <no description>                  [multipa/alternativ, 7bit, 180K]
>   I     2 ├─><no description>              [text/plain, quoted, utf-8, 0.8K]
>   I     3 └─><no description>                    [multipa/mixed, 7bit, 179K]
>   I     4   ├─><no description>             [text/html, quoted, utf-8, 4.6K]
>   I     5   ├─>Code_of_Conduct_zh-CN.pdf         [applica/pdf, base64, 162K]
>   I     6   ├─><no description>            [text/html, 7bit, us-ascii, 0.3K]
>   A     7   ├─>Code_of_Conduct_zh-CN.txt [text/plain, base64, us-ascii, 10K]
>   I     8   └─><no description>            [text/html, 7bit, us-ascii, 0.3K]
>
> Apparently my mailer prefers text/plain over multipart/mixed (not
> surprising for a text based mailer), and since the attachments are
> only attached to the multipart/mixed part it doesn't show them.

Sadly this has become a more frequent thing coming from Apple Mail.
We've seen the problem before, and likely will again. It has
explicitly attached the fiel to the HTML part, which means that
anybody viewing the plaintext part (such as the PostgreSQL archives..)
will not see it.

I have no idea how to make it not do that, but AFAIK it's only Apple
Mail that's shown this problem.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/