Re: [HACKERS] [pgsql-www] Schedule for migration to pglister - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [pgsql-www] Schedule for migration to pglister
Date
List pgsql-www
On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Each list will receive an email with a link to the wiki about the
> migration after the list has been migrated.

I suggest doing that the other way 'round.  Otherwise, the email
about the change will inevitably go into a lot of peoples' bit
buckets if they haven't adjusted their mail filters yet.

The argument for doing it after the migration is that the complaints that we have received so far have all been from people where email ends up in the *inbox* after the migration, not the bitbucket. That's the default action in most peoples MUAs when their rules no longer match...