Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Add AIX on the PostgreSQL Download page
Date
List pgsql-www

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 3:39 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> On 7 Oct 2021, at 20:31, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> My opinion is pretty much unchanged in terms of linking offsite; I'd
> prefer that we host packages on community infrastructure.

I still think it's a too large ask to enforce hosting by pginfra, considering
how many exceptions we'd have to punch in such a policy to accomodate for
various package managers.

Agreed. I would prefer it for those cases where it's just simple hosting and not package manager integration though. Prefer, but not require.