Re: Russian translation publication - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Russian translation publication
Date
List pgsql-docs

On Mar 5, 2013 4:09 PM, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Alexander Law escribió:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have translated into Russian first two parts of the PostgreSQL
> > documentation and want to publish my work.
> > Can I create app for Google Play Market as an e-book that will
> > contain my translation?
> > Can I make it paid?
> > Should I add some special notices to the doc?
>
> The manuals are BSD-licensed, just like the source code is.  You can do
> anything you want with it; selling a translation is certainly an option
> and has been done before.  I don't think you are required to add notices
> (but you're free to do so if you wish).  IANAL.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what it says. We would of course always appreciate a link back.

We've had others who've actually paid us a royalty on their sales, but that's been purely voluntary.

Note that as long as it's paid for its not going to get linked from the pg websites of course.

> > If you're interested in it, I can send you my translation.
> > When the translation will be completed I would be happy to see it as
> > existing official Japan and French manuals.
>
> That sounds great.

+1,that would be excellent.

/Magnus