Re: Russian translation publication - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Russian translation publication
Date
Re: Russian translation publication  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-docs
Alexander Law escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I have translated into Russian first two parts of the PostgreSQL
> documentation and want to publish my work.
> Can I create app for Google Play Market as an e-book that will
> contain my translation?
> Can I make it paid?
> Should I add some special notices to the doc?

The manuals are BSD-licensed, just like the source code is.  You can do
anything you want with it; selling a translation is certainly an option
and has been done before.  I don't think you are required to add notices
(but you're free to do so if you wish).  IANAL.

> If you're interested in it, I can send you my translation.
> When the translation will be completed I would be happy to see it as
> existing official Japan and French manuals.

That sounds great.